Display Tender WRC009293
This page displays the details of a tender. See the detailed help in each section for specific information.
- Brenda Tengbom
- Kalinda Edwards
The site is located at 30 Macarthur Drive, Cannonvale Qld 4802 (refer to Appendix A – Location Map) and is privately owner.
Whitsunday Regional Council (Council) have engaged a Consultant to prepare a Structural Engineering Report on the northern side boundary retaining walls of the property which has concluded the existing stone pitched retaining walls are structurally inadequate and pose a risk to life and property.
It has been identified that the most feasible and economical solution in the replacement of the northern side boundary retaining wall is to:
- Provide a structural retaining wall along the boundary and then a combination of grading the land and providing a series of landscape retaining walls
- The Structural Engineering Design considers a structural retaining wall along the northern boundary at a height that does not require any modifications to the existing council sewer manhole. The height also does not restrict light and airflow into the neighbouring residence.
- From the level of the Council manhole lid two tiers of link block landscape retaining walls are to be constructed up to the existing finished ground level of the upper level. The link block landscape retaining walls do allow for some settlement and can be dismantled and rebuilt if required.
- Any structural block retaining wall constructed on the existing ground would have potential to crack. The landscaped link block retaining walls chosen are the Adbri Masonry Diamond Cut blocks, which have a maximum retaining height of 1,200mm.
- This option provides the structural barrier to protect the neighbouring property and provides retaining, which is flexible, can be modified easily onsite and provides a usable flat area on the upper level.
The works comprise, but not limited to the following:
- The demolition and removal of existing rock retaining walls along the northern boundary.
- Excavation in tight and sensitive spaces, including propping, temporary supports and hoarding; and
- The constructin of new retaining walls, backfilling, spoon drains and associated drainage systems.
Forum posts cannot be posted after 14 November 2019 02:00 PM
The online forum provides a place to comment and obtain further clarification if needed.
In order to submit or comment on a post you must be logged-in and have downloaded the documents.
Comments cannot be posted after 14 November 2019 02:00 PM.
Please note that the use of the forum for supplier self-promotion is unacceptable and may result in the supplier having their account suspended. Such posts shall not be responded to or published on the forum.
We reserve the right to invite Tenderers to change their tenders as per Section 228(7) of the Local Government Regulation 2012