Display Tender MICC008745
This page displays the details of a tender. See the detailed help in each section for specific information.
Mount Isa City Council invites tender submissions from suitably qualified and experienced consultants/contractors to engage in design and construction services for the revitalisation of the city’s Riversleigh Fossil Centre as outlined in the following documentation.
This project has been funded by the Department of Innovation, Tourism Industry Development and the Commonweath Games as part of the "Outback Tourism Infrustructure Fund".
The Riversleigh Revitalisation Project (herein after referred to as “project”) aims to bring our ancient world into a modern environment by providing enhanced visitor experiences through the use of innovative and interactive displays.
Our objectives include:
- The provision of relevant updated, entertaining and informative interpretation.
- Creating better infrastructure to improve internal accessibility, ease of ingress/egress.
- A modern 'theme' within the centre, including laboratory, to enhance aesthetics and align with other affiliated interpretive facilities.
- Introduce new strategic cabinetry, theatrical lighting, audio and climate control.
- Modern displays that engage visitors and increase length time spent within the centre.
- Eye capturing external beautification in our prime highway location to increase visitor entry numbers.
The revitalisation project aims to provide visitors with a better 'value for money' experience through with the use of new, innovative and unique displays that enhance the significance of the information portrayed. Improved infrastructure will assist with the continuity of the centre and the unique role it plays in facilitating not only our modern scientific researchers but also telling their stories to the public.
Forum posts cannot be posted after 31 May 2019 02:00 PM
The online forum provides a place to comment and obtain further clarification if needed.
In order to submit or comment on a post you must be logged-in and have downloaded the documents.
Comments cannot be posted after 31 May 2019 02:00 PM.
Please note that the use of the forum for supplier self-promotion is unacceptable and may result in the supplier having their account suspended. Such posts shall not be responded to or published on the forum.
We reserve the right to invite Tenderers to change their tenders as per Section 228(7) of the Local Government Regulation 2012